viernes, noviembre 18

Obsessed with these two songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-UzXIQ5vw&ob=av2e

Somehow I have overlooked this in figuring out what songs I think are the best songs ever. The mandolin is harmonic, but jarring at the same time, and pairs perfectly with the vocals. The lyrics are simply beautiful, vaguely painful, and poetic. It gives off so much emotion, without trying too hard. Michael Stipe's voice makes me feel every emotion all at once, and his dancing in this video makes my heart sing.

And...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG72J2ylUGE&ob=av2n

Which I have always enjoyed, but only recently have I gained a massive appreciation for the lyrics. "I'm waiting for a revelation, I'm waiting for someone to count me in, Cause now I only see my dreams, in everything I touch, feeling cold hands on every thing that I love, cold like some magnificent skyline, out of my reach but always in my eye line." There is some emotion embedded in those words that is really hard to describe, but somehow these lyrics explain it perfectly.

K.D.

1 comentario:

Christina dijo...

i like the second video it reminds me of the rainbow space level in mario kart racing

-chris